From April 2015 children who are currently receiving early education for 3 and 4 year olds, who meet the criteria, are eligible for the Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP), this extra funding paid to early years providers to improve the learning and development outcomes for eligible children.
Are you eligible for the Early Years Pupil Premium
Here is the eligibility criteria for the EYPP
- Child Tax Credit and do not receive Working Tax credit and the annual income is less than £16,190
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment Support Allowance
- The Guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Supported by NASS as an asylum seeker.
Children in the following circumstances are also likely to be eligible for Early Years Pupil Premium.
- Looked after by the Local Authority for at least one day
- Has been adopted from care
- Has left care through special guardianship
- Subject to child arrangement order